• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: In these tough times...

John Angulat

pro member
...I guess it's tough to be a poet!​

poetsm.jpg

Caught during my wanderings around town...​

Mike Shimwell

I'm sure it is tough to be a poet in these times. There remain a lot of people hunkered down rather than spending money on the arts.

I like this shot - you seem to have included enough to give all the cues needed and no more. nothing extraneous. Of course, I'ma sucker for black and white - Nic or Bart will be along shortly to ask for colour:)

Mike

Ruben Alfu

It´s a simple but very significative image. It´s a perfect example of one thing that I´m always amazed about NY and that is the amount of all levels of talent flooding the streets, people who in a "NY minute" can make it big time or crash to the gorund.

Jameson Smith

Great shot John! Such amazing images fill the streets of NYC, I must visit there some day to take it all in. This is a great image of significance given the current economic times. I think this image may do well as a bit tighter crop to eliminate some of the dense black in the background in order to avoid the eyes wandering off so to speak.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
I know it's rude to post an image in another person's image thread. But in the general spirit of John's topic I think this might be ok. (PM me to butt-out if this bugs you, John.)

p482553750-4.jpg

This fellow was as good-spirited as this street portrait suggests. Needless to say, I took care of his lunch (and probably his dinner, too) for having such a cool sign and nice spirit.

Please let me know if you've trouble seeing this image, as it's hosted in a currently closed area.

John Angulat

pro member
Ken,
I think that's great!
I give him points for creativity.
There's a number of these "honest" souls around here also.
Every day I pass a panhandler on the highway on my ride home.
He's become almost a fixture with his "Why Lie? I Just Want a Cold Beer" sign.