• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bavarian pride?

fahim mohammed

p775715558.jpg

Photographed with permission, this I can assure you!

Ruben Alfu

Hi Fahim, I like this photo very much. The strong lighting and the individual in the foreground seems to get along with each other very well. I think including the lightbulb in the frame adds nicely to the originality of the photo.

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Fahim

This is very nice, works well in b&W, but I would like to see this one in colour..... I'm imagining warm golden ochres and rich browns of the sausages, wondering if his coat is striped with blue or red, was it as colourful as I imagine?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

Great B&W images often start as well conceived color images. I too would be fascinated to see how the experience of the picture and what I think of the fellow might or might not be substantially different.

Asher

Hi Fahim

This is very nice, works well in b&W, but I would like to see this one in colour..... I'm imagining warm golden ochres and rich browns of the sausages, wondering if his coat is striped with blue or red, was it as colourful as I imagine?

Hi Fahim,

I agree with Jan. I'm a sucker for color (I also dream in color), it generally adds so much local atmosphere (couleur locale).

Thanks for alowing us as a companion on your travels,
Bart

Hi Fahim,

I've noticed that especially your more recent images have very high contrast and saturation, high as in postprocessed. In an other thread you commented on someone else's image that you thought it needed more contrast.

Could it be that your monitor needs adjustment, or is high contrast something you prefer (or are accustomed to from home).

This image also is what would generally be considered contrasty and saturated. As it is I also prefer the B&W version, but there is probably a lot more potential in the color version with toned down controls.

Just wondering,
Bart

fahim mohammed

Hi Bart. You are correct that the images are over saturated and contrasty. I am trying some velvia 50
filters. Or maybe my eyes are going...the monitor seems ok here.

Thanks for the comment, I shall tone it down and see how it goes.

Regards.