• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hip Hope

Ruben Alfu

This graffiti mural, painted inside the premises of a church in Denver, Colorado, was done in memory of someone called Kenny Lanza, evidently a beloved member of the community.

IMG_1107.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Hip Hope

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This graffiti mural, painted inside the premises of a church in Denver, Colorado, was done in memory of someone called Kenny Lanza, evidently a beloved member of the community.

IMG_1107.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Hip Hope

This picture has several parts to make it work, principally the tower part of the church edifice and cross and then the graffiti painting memorial. As art work, I see the upper part as a part of a major European artistic theme of the crucified Jesus against the blue sky. The paradox of man god ideas.

The lower part has, IMHO, insufficient of the mural, it's not a unit of devotion as yet just a snap as one goes by. The concept can, I believe be taken perhaps further. You might need a ladder or to shoot from across the street from the roof, window or balcony. Ideally one would want to take in more of the steeple and the entire mural. For even more power I'd push the concept further by combining it with a twiglight shot with one person bringing a votive candle with 20 or so already lit.

I really like the energy built into this scene and hope you might be able to to take it to the nth and then +1!

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Hello Asher, thanks very much for your comments and suggestions. When I saw this mural, it struck me the juxtaposition of traditional religiosity and pop culture created by this angle, that was supposed to be the subject of the photo, in a way, as you said, the man-god relationship (my introduction is misleading in this respect). Anyway, I agree that there should be more of the tower and the mural, the brick wall takes too much space and adds little to the photo. The person with the candles is a brilliant idea (pun intended), if I get a chance to go back to this location I might try it.