• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: In Pursuit of a Living

Prateek Dubey

21782-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : In Pursuit Of A Living

Paul Abbott

Great image Prateek, the title is very apt too. The busy hustle and bustle is well documented from this vantage point, nice one.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Prateek,

21782-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : In Pursuit Of A Living
Fabulous shot.

I continue to be fascinated by your postprocessing technique, which gives so many of your shots (to me) the "feel" of a hyper-realistic painting.

Have you disclosed your approach to us?

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Doug

Prateek Dubey

Hi, Prateek,

Fabulous shot.

I continue to be fascinated by your postprocessing technique, which gives so many of your shots (to me) the "feel" of a hyper-realistic painting.

Have you disclosed your approach to us?

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Doug

Thank you Doug. My post processing revolves around levels and high pass filteration which bring out details. However there is no one approach. It depends from picture to picture. Colors and effects change till I feel what looks good...

Hi Prattek,

I really love your pictures, they bring us into another reality, modern India of everyday, and with such colors and comps...
You own your style, you prove that India is a great country of photographers !
I'd like to see an exhibit of yours, with real printings.

Regards,

Cedric.

fahim mohammed

Prateek, another wonderful look at a different land.

Wonder what Doug thinks of the power cables intertwined with the phone lines? But I saw overhead phone lines in the States too! How so not with it!!

Lovely work, the photo of course! :)

Prateek Dubey

Fabulously complex which is indeed India! How do you set up the high pass filter?

Asher

Yes Asher, it is indeed surprising how things manage to get done here. There are over 80 officially recognised languages and hundreds of dialects. Right now it faces amongst other things demands for seperation, terrorism, indifferent weather, yet everything remains as it should be...chaos at work.
I use high pass with a large radius, between 15-30 pixels and blending mode overlay. I don't use it all the time and sometimes combine it with the 'contrast master filter'.

Prateek Dubey

Prateek, another wonderful look at a different land.

Wonder what Doug thinks of the power cables intertwined with the phone lines? But I saw overhead phone lines in the States too! How so not with it!!

Lovely work, the photo of course! :)

Fahim,
I think the power, telephone lines and cut banner strings all merge with the life running under them. This is India, patchwork of solutions to keep it going..