• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Adison

Charlotte Thompson

These are my first new born shots-I arranged her different blankets around her as she slept
one is cozy pink fleece and the other was a sort of silks - Could any one please give me your thoughts on these shots
works or not works
the parents loved them- but as I said my first try here

DSC_0324-1.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlotte, these are lovely. Is the color balance right?

Regards.

Hi Charlotte,

Enjoy the new baby for the New Year! There are few signs this baby is newborn! I like both pictures but feel that this would be better in B&W since the color takes away from the child. The perfect complexion of the baby compares well to the several rich and complex textures of the blankets. So I'd be satisfied just with B&W. Try it and you might prefer it that way.

Otherwise, I'd prefer the second picture as the pink poodle motif of the first is too "razzlle-dazzle" for this baby!

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

Thank you- what I see on my screen seems to be right on the money, sometimes our screens are different with light balance
glad so glad you came by-

Charlotte-

Asher

the second is my fav as well- thank you! you are correct much more dynamic!
here it is in black and white!

DSC_0310-2.jpg

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Charlotte,
I hadn't had a chance to comment earlier, I apologize.
Now that you've given a B&W version, it's really upsets my apple cart!
So, from the original images, I truly like the second one best.
But.....now we have a monochrome!
Out with the "second" image! The monochrome gets my vote for best!
If possible, could you consider lightening up, just a bit, the blanket that surrounds this lovely child?
It would bring out some detail and better help frame her.
Just a thought.

Paul Abbott

I like the baby's face in the first image with the pink surround. I think it would work better cropped square though.

Charlotte Thompson

John

hi there- I sent another along with a lighter look and it's the best I could do
the blanket was very dark! and thank you!

Paul

Thank you and to crop on a square with the blanket surroundering in a circle Hmmm interesting idea and thank you for coming by and your kind reply-

the lighter shot-

DSC_0310-3.jpg