• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More Dave's

David Martin

Another Dave here! - we urgently need more Petes and Bills to even things up! - some of you will know me from the dpreview forums, and sometimes on the RG forums.
Just want to wish the site all the best - I think it fills a real gap, and am pleased to see some old traditions continued.
Regards,
DaveMart

KeithD

hey Dave, hey Mel ...

How about a Keith? Hey Mel, I still use your polisher action ... aptly named Mel's Polisher in CS2 ... I don't know that I've ever offically thanked you ...
K

Melanie Kipp

KeithD said:
How about a Keith? Hey Mel, I still use your polisher action ... aptly named Mel's Polisher in CS2 ... I don't know that I've ever offically thanked you ...
K

Awesome. Glad it's proven useful for you. I still use it for web presentation and with the 5D to a lesser extent for printing.

Diane Fields

Not another DAve--and certainly not a Pete nor a Bill LOL. I've been here since the day it opened, but never 'intro-d' myself. So--I'm Diane B from Dpreview and MR and think I'm known as 'picnic' at FM. Normally I use either my full name, as here, or Diane B.

Glad to see all of you here.

David Martin

Hi Diane, Mel, Keith and Gary - quite a dp crowd here! - thanks for pointing me too this site, Diane.
Let's hope the forums here rev up quickly and attain 'critical mass'
DaveM

Juli Valley

Juli Valley checking in

I don't want to miss out on a good thing. Most of you know me from dpreview. Diane sent me, too.

David Martin

HI Juli - how about some of you guys starting a thread and showing off your 5D shots?
I can only look on in admiration at the moment, but mayube if someone can come up with a theme - then it would start things cooking - How's about 'Spring things?'
DaveMart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
DaveMart said:
HI Juli - how about some of you guys starting a thread and showing off your 5D shots?
I can only look on in admiration at the moment, but mayube if someone can come up with a theme - then it would start things cooking - How's about 'Spring things?'
DaveMart
Great idea Dave, for the "Layback Cafe"

We want to keep the rest of the forum pictures for "getting a vision to print". (Or dealing with an issue that helps that.) That is where we want to shine.

The other place for pictures is the front of OPF: submitted for the opening pages or an artiicle.

The "Lay Back Cafe" is designed for more casual and "wow" and just friendly stuff.

I'm looking forward to the 5D shots posted there. BTW, I also roam through peoples portfolios in their websites, if I see your URL. I learn a lot from them as you will see soon.

Asher