• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Winter Death Mask

Charlotte Thompson

These are some kind of giant tropical ivy vine in the back yard and after the "Terrible Texas Cold Spell" it occured to me that
this looked just as a Death Mask of Winter-
what do you all see- welcome any comments-

Charlotte-

DSC_0359.jpg

janet Smith

pro member
These are some kind of giant tropical ivy vine in the back yard and after the "Terrible Texas Cold Spell" it occured to me that
this looked just as a Death Mask of Winter-
what do you all see

Hi Charlotte

I like this, I've come back to look at it a couple of times because it fascinates me, and yes I see what you mean about the death mask.

I'm also interested in photographing the gnarled textures of the rotting things to be found in the garden in winter.

Did you take any which include the tip of the leaf, also any in portrait format?

Jan

Charlotte Thompson

Hi Janet!

the tip bottom part was my mistake I guess I didn't get it all in but the bottom part really was torn away so I didn't photograph it-
but that plant had been calling me for days telling me "this is a winter death mask"
so I tried my best to capture what it was saying to me- I know you understand-
I used my portrait lens for it so I guess you could call it portrait format
isn't winter so very interesting in what it shows us! and says to us
every thing speaks to us - we just have to listen
thank you for taking a look and your kind and interesting reply!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are some kind of giant tropical ivy vine in the back yard and after the "Terrible Texas Cold Spell" it occured to me that this looked just as a Death Mask of Winter-
what do you all see- welcome any comments-

DSC_0359.jpg

Charlotte Thompson: "Death Mask of Winter"

Charlotte,

I let this stew in my mind since yesterday. Your catch is an attention grabber, for sure. It immediately remind me of masked figures. I can hear the stamping of feet and drums. It's some night ceremony and the masked figures appear and disappear from the darkness. We's be transfixed with wonder and fear. So death might be there, lurking in the shadows, pacing.

So, I don't think we need any more of the leaf to complete the vision!

The brain puts things together based on primitive shapes and a massive library from experience. All possibilities are reached and rated relevance in a billionth of a second. That's the magic of the brain. for art, it's seeing beauty is one thing, always agreeable. However, being able to draw on one's own imagination to solve the mysteries, now that's fun and great entertainment!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Thank you!and it did remind me of " Roman Mask and all that
I was so interested
really

and "Arthur"

also a novel
Beloved

I am a shameful Romantic

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's interesting Charlotte that you didn't think of tribal dancers in masks in some village in Africa! To me it's so obvious! Now Arthur and Romans? I cannot imagine these at all!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I know I know I'm a strange mind-

Michael
thank you so much! the other leaves just didn't have the panche' this one did I only took a few shots