• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

perspectives

Valentin Arfire

hello friends,

here are some experiments with images extracted from panoramas and converted into planar mercator projections

ideas and suggestions are appreciated - as always

a
a-mic.jpg

b
b_mic.jpg

c
C_mic.jpg

d
d_mic.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Exciting functional structure for people and 3D world.

terasa_Vltava_mic.jpg

Valentin,

This is so remarkable. It works well with people! It presents the geometry in a particularly pleasing way that seems "logical too! I'm impressed. So could you show more versions of this and how you got there. To what extent can you move a pano from one software to another?

I like the way that the design provides a unique view that is nevertheless familiar enough that we can find the people there being almost heroic and not feel it's distorted beyond acceptable boundaries for reality.

Asher

Hi,

I think that presented pictures are inegal but i find two that are really excellent :

terasa_Vltava_mic.jpg

a_biserica.png

They go further than simple geometrical game, they have human presence and strong visual impact, as a social autopsy : they make me think of my butcher which use to delicately cut the meat to make each piece perfectly presented.

Cedric.

Valentin Arfire

thank you both for the interest.

regarding the software: I use pano2vr with some specific options on the mercator projection.

for the church I intended to express an organic perspective: the believers seats are placed under some angelic wings to find some comfort and peace; the church is supposed to be something like this - and sorry, as vegetarian, I am strongly opposed to ideas of butcher and meat; regarding the Vltava terrace - well - there is a beer terrace with people enjoying a summer afternoon; the statue over there is of a famous composer - Smetana I did no justice and the clear air after an afternoon shower arranged for a magic light; but as I am in a process of learning please let me know which orientation you think is appropriate to continue my seek of the good light