• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Adding links between two mages that overlap but AutoPano doesn't lnk!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This s especially to you guys who use AutoPano Pro and AP Giga. So far I know the fellow addicts are Bart, Cem and Jim Collum.

I have two questions: First the extra links

When one adds an extra image, Auto Pano puts at the end of the link list and one can then link it to the previous images. hopefully, that s even possible. I was lucky to find it work for me and got the images linked to each other and then to one of the previous mages. I was not able to figure out how to lnk it to another image that s further up in the list. One is advised to shift and select the 2cd image, but the whole intervening list is selected and the first adjacent pair are used.

How does one link say image 14 with image 21.

I tried to make a bridging link between the two mages n the assembled pano under the link menu but there seemed no way to do that. I'm sure t must be possible.

Going though optimization again doesn't work and I'd rather not have to restart from the beginning, importing the files afresh, although that seems an obvious workaround!

Lastly, can one use an APP file in PTGui?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

This s especially to you guys who use AutoPano Pro and AP Giga. So far I know the fellow addicts are Bart, Cem and Jim Collum.

I have two questions: First the extra links

When one adds an extra image, Auto Pano puts at the end of the link list and one can then link it to the previous images. hopefully, that s even possible. I was lucky to find it work for me and got the images linked to each other and then to one of the previous mages. I was not able to figure out how to lnk it to another image that s further up in the list. One is advised to shift and select the 2cd image, but the whole intervening list is selected and the first adjacent pair are used.

How does one link say image 14 with image 21.

I tried to make a bridging link between the two mages n the assembled pano under the link menu but there seemed no way to do that. I'm sure t must be possible.

Going though optimization again doesn't work and I'd rather not have to restart from the beginning, importing the files afresh, although that seems an obvious workaround!

Lastly, can one use an APP file in PTGui?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Asher
Hi Asher,

I think that this should be Ctl/Cmd-click, not shift-click. Please see the following figures to illustrate the process.

1) Add a new image to an existing pano
appg_03.png

2) See that this image is not yet linked to others (i.e. same number of control points as before):
appg_04.png

3) Go to the CP editor screen
appg_05.png

4) Use the following instructions to link it to another frame:
appg_08.png

..continued in the next post...

Cem_Usakligil

5) Control points are created, repeat for other frames as needed:
appg_09.png

6) The pano is adjusted to include the new image as can be seen below:
appg_10.png

HTH,

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

Thanks so much!!

This is exactly what I needed to know. Not only did you explain it perfectly that I just simply got it, it also shows you have a lot of images to stitch from your trip to the USA!

I hope the panos will appear here. We need a viewer. Maybe we should have some new capabilities of this like Zoomify.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks so much!!

This is exactly what I needed to know. Not only did you explain it perfectly that I just simply got it, it also shows you have a lot of images to stitch from your trip to the USA!

I hope the panos will appear here.
We need a viewer. Maybe we should have some new capabilities of this like Zoomify.

Asher
Hi Asher,

I had shown a quick and dirty version of this particular pano back in 2008. But here is the "final" version, stitched using PT Assembler plus tone adjustments and "cloud management" in PS.

e05902.jpg

Cheers,

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Cem is the man, I also use autopano, from what I remember the tutorials on their website are actually pretty good, I learnt what Cem has shown from those tutorials.

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher,

I had shown a quick and dirty version of this particular pano back in 2008. But here is the "final" version, stitched using PT Assembler plus tone adjustments and "cloud management" in PS.

e05902.jpg

Cheers,

Cem,

You are indeed remarkable! and thanks Ben for adding your the accolade towards our generous friend. This is what makes a forum so valuable!

This picture is impressive. Congrats. I wonder whether you might consider sharpening more towards the center of the proximal edge. That will give zonal separation to leap across towards the central features.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

You are indeed remarkable! and thanks Ben for adding your the accolade towards our generous friend. This is what makes a forum so valuable!

This picture is impressive. Congrats. I wonder whether you might consider sharpening more towards the center of the proximal edge. That will give zonal separation to leap across towards the central features.

Asher
Hi Asher and Ben,

Thanks, but "thanks" and pats on the back are actually not needed here! :) I always try my best to help others, just like many other members and mods out there who do the same.

Re. the picture, I will give this a try (more central sharpening). Unfortunately, it was a very overcast day with a lot of showers later, so the light is less than ideal. Of course, the picture was not taken at dawn or at sunset so the light is no so good anyhow. But this is the problem with trying to take landscape pictures while also being a tourist traveling in a foreign country with family. I was there only then (and had a window of 30 minutes in total) and I could not go back at another time or date. No wonder, the end results of such photography will seldom be good if any at all.

Cheers,