• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Brutalist Prison

Paul Abbott

Cross-processed...

barbican1of1bor700.jpg

Paul Abbott - Barbican Estate, London '10

Hi Paul,

A very nice graphism, you used well shadows and buildings. Cross-processing give a strange impression, quite opressive, but i would like to know much about this "prison"...

Regards,

Cedric

Paul Abbott

This used to be a council housing estate for people who could not afford they're own homes. This estate has now become Grade II listed, so its a preserved building never to be knocked down. As a result, the people who are living here now are onto a winner if they ever feel the need to sell their homes, I think they'd make a pretty penny, 'cos this place has become a desirable place to live in the heart of the city. It wasn't like that years ago.
Its created in a 'brutalist' style of architecture, (beton brut - raw concrete?).

Some housing estates here in the UK are like ghettos.