• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beautiful

Charlotte Thompson

Great friends- "caught" in a male thing- was I lucky!

DSC_0039-7.jpg

Playful bonding you seldom see in any photographs. The child's thumb inside the sleeve, the way his chin rests and the way he is using his weight against the strength of the adult friend. A very boys will be boys rough-housing moment. Very well done, lucky or not!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great friends- "caught" in a male thing- was I lucky!

DSC_0039-7.jpg

Charlotte,

"Play Bonding" is a nice term and a great title too. I would consider cropping tighter in this occasion. What are the key elements? Maybe use brightness and shadow distribution to allow is to pick up this bond more powerfully.

Good job! This photograph has a strong human value. Having said that, there's a lot that one might do to move it further.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlotte,

Let me go further in my thoughts. Here, you have a great dose of human value in the image. However it's flat and even.

With an image such as this, one can use shade to decrease the importance of some elements and illuminate and sharpen the key areas which make the image work. To what extent and how you do this depends of course on your own concept, esthetics and craft.

Asher

Rachel Foster

It does a nice job of conveying emotion. I was wondering if by blurring it a bit more it might paradoxically make the OOF aspect less of a distraction?

Charlotte, may I post what I mean? I don't want to mess around with images without permission first.

Charlotte Thompson

William

exactly! what you saw-I saw- thank you for coming by I always like what you find in my work

Asher

thank you- I wanted to keep as much in the shot as I saw it maybe different crop might work better-maybe a bandw with shade from light to dark would be more compelling- but it is a good thought you have and I will maybe try it in bandw- or look at the cropping as well-

Rachel

I have no problems with seeing your ideas on this picture at all-
and thanks
wished I could have gotten into your site-

Rachel Foster

Here's what I did, Charlotte. It's not necessarily better, could be worse, but I'd be interested in reactions to this treatment.

DSC_0039-7.jpg

I wish the freckles were still visible, though.

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel

this rendetion has an oil paint feel to it-like a painting over a photograph
it is pleasing but takes away from the original photograghy if you know what I mean
it's different and creative what you did but it doesn't doesn't look like photography
this application I think would do well with flowers- very much so!

Charlotte-