• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Abstract Cityscape

Paul Abbott

abstract1of1bor500.jpg

Paul Abbott - Untitled

abstract1of1bor500.jpg

Paul Abbott - Untitled

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing your creations. The composition is very strong, and I'm sensitive to that. I also like the color, although there occasionally is a place for B&W, here color is needed IMHO.

It's an image that should be seen 'full' size, but unfortunately the web has its practical limits.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

If you feel that more real estate for seeing the texture in the sand colored part would be helpful, then go ahead, post it large! We have the space.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thanks.
Here is a larger version:

abstract1of1bor800.jpg

Paul Abbott - Untitled '10

Paul,

That's so much better and must be magnificent on the wall. I find it brings back images of sandy buildings in places like Morocco, that fine pattern reminding me of the grills that are used on partitions and gates. This picture deserves to also be recognized as a unique architectural composition where color is, as Nigel points out, essential to its success. So it has been added to our collection, here, for folk to study some of the better roles of color in building images that work.

Thanks for sharing another unique glimpse at London. I, too, haven't a clue where its located!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Thanks Asher, nice to see it there.

I did think that Nigel knew where this was for a moment. In fact, it is in Moorgate, more near to Barbican. It is so easily overlooked.

Charlotte Thompson

Paul

the larger size does the photo justice!

strong and powerful
it is like a giant above us all!
kinda scarey my friend how we build a thing in such a grand scale

Charlotte-

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Paul

One of these days I'll be brave and venture into a city (I hate them!!) and inspired by your work point my camera up at some buildings, I've never done any architecture shots, but you're inspiring me....

Paul Abbott

Go for it, Janet. London has a lot of interesting buildings, and the skyline is constantly changing with more being built. Central London is only one square mile, so its easy for the photographer to be constantly walking around on his feet, while keeping an eye out for interesting images, which is the best way.
It won't be long before Trafalgar Square will be devoid of traffic and totally pedestrianised.

Asher Kelman

Paul,

This perspective of that Moorgate-Barbcan building succeeded n garnishing such a lot of interest. Are there other views that you mght like to share too?

Asher

Paul Abbott

Asher, I wish I had more like this. I do have some that are not as abstract as this. I'll have a shuffle around and post 'em up.

Nigel Allan

Thanks for your input, and for picking up on that, Charlotte.

Sorry, Paul I missed this, but I wouldn't have known where it was anyway, although I would have guessed soemwhere in the square mile.

By asking me where it is, you drove home the point that it is abstract since I would have difficulty recognising it :) clever strategy...but I still believe it is not 'as' abstract as some, although clearly more abstract than others