• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello to all and a brief introduction

Keith Laban

I've worked as an image maker including an illustrator, a painter and photographer for over 35 years. Currently concentrating on photographic work, selling via stock/licensing agencies and galleries as well as direct to clients.

Clients have included:- BBC, Dorling Kindersley, Octopus Publishing, Readers Digest, The Royal Horticultural Society, The Woodland Trust and Victor Hasselblad AB. Prints are represented in private collections worldwide.

My background as a painter and illustrator has inevitably influenced my photographic work. This has not always been a conscious process but in recent years I have started to explore the boundaries between the disciplines. If I could achieve a photographic quality with a paintbrush then surely I could achieve a painterly quality with a camera. I will often visit a location time and again in pursuit of that elusive 'perfect moment' and aim to bring a sense of order to what is essentially a chaotic environment.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Keith Laban said:
Apologies to anyone trying to access my website, server down.

Apologies, Keith for not welcoming you immediatel! Was distracted trying to access you galleries!

Great to have you here. I have been thinking of making a guide for the newcomers, so here it is:

Some pointers:

Introductions, News, social, relaxed chatting and forum issues in the first rooms!

Pictures:

Where needed in any forum but only images taken while thinking, not mindless & meaningless shots and only your best!

Read this http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755 which I try to keep up to date.

and look out for new "challenges" or "optimize this" in Landscape and wildlife, or other specialty fora or the Retouch Forum.

Buy, sell, learn, argue your head off at your own peril, go Uptown at the end of the forum.

Cameras and Gear all have separate rooms

Asher

Keith Laban

Asher, Mike,

Many thanks for the warm welcome, appreciated. Hopefully I will find the time later in the week to thoroughly explore the open photography forums site.

Many apologies again to anyone who has been trying to access my website. My unremittingly reliable commercial webhost suffered a major platform problem (4 days outage!), my only consolation is that I wasn't alone with many thousands of other clients suffering from the same problem. I've just had to reload the entire site but I hope that it is now back for good!

Thanks again and good shooting to all.

Keith

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Keith Laban said:
I've just had to reload the entire site but I hope that it is now back for good!
And works pretty well, we'll need to spend time there as it seems to be very rich (in the artistic sense…)

My turn to Welcome you on board