• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Isabelle today

Nigel Allan

I haven't been active on the OPF for a while due to other commitments, but today I had the opportunity to take a few snaps of my daughter Isabelle and was able to get her on the rare occasion without make-up! Most teenage girls wouldn't be seen dead without make-up these days, but I keep trying to persuade her that she doesn't need it

Anyway, we fired off a few dozen quickly with her standing against the fridge as a backdrop (this is about as sophisticated as my 'studio' gets :) ) I am particularly happy with this shot and thought I would share it. Thanks for looking

Nikon D300, 18-200mm, 44mm, f8, 1/30, ISO200

NSA_6422-2.jpg

1. Nigel Allan: Isabelle Paloma Allan

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
today I had the opportunity to take a few snaps of my daughter Isabelle and was able to get her on the rare occasion without make-up! Most teenage girls wouldn't be seen dead without make-up these days, but I keep trying to persuade her that she doesn't need.

Nigel,

A lot of adult women really don't need makeup. However, it's so part of the culture.

NSA_6422-2.jpg

1. Nigel Allan: Isabelle Paloma Allan

Isabelle has the look of her mother, so elegant! The tough thing is getting one's child to stop still long enough to take pictures. This photograph is important and she is going to really treasure it. You will look back at this and enjoy it every time it catches your eye for there are at least 3 people there.

Besides that, it's a good photograph.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

She is extrodinary

very!

I would love for you to take her in an un-extrodinary way
actually I would love to be able to work with her-
she has many many many sides

you should explore her-

Charlotte-

Nigel,

A lot of adult women really don't need makeup. However, it's so part of the culture.

So true. I don't like overdone makeup (apart from the theatrical, it's functional), although subtle make-up is fine for normal people.

As an aside, Freddy Mercury/Farrokh Bulsara (from "Queen") stated it well (although under very dire circumstances, and out of this context), from "the show must go on":

Inside my heart is breaking
My makeup may be flaking
But my smile still stays on
Whatever happens, I'll leave it all to chance
Another heartache, another failed romance
On and on, does anybody know what we are living for?

What a loss of a creative soul that was.

Back on topic, Nigel you have lovely daughters, makeup is merely icing on the cake, it's not really needed.

Cheers,
Bart

Nigel Allan

Thank you, Asher, Charlotte and Bart.

Charlotte what do you mean by "I would love for you to take her in an un-extrodinary way" ? Do you mean un-posed, casual, unexpected? The difficulty with teenage girls is that they are so self conscious it's hard to take anything that doesn't get their approval! I try and take pictures of her and her siblings all the time but if it doesn't suit their image of themselves because they are not in the mood or whatever they'll do anything to ruin the shot LOL

Let me dig out some which are more candid and unposed and see what I can find?

Charlotte Thompson

yes absolutely Nigel! actually most women like a great shot of themselves
and
again yes, something candid a bit
she is such an amzing girl- I know there is something more to her many sides then just a pose- actually as beautiful as she is-she couldn't take a bad picture/oh youth! huh?

Charlotte-