• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Children enjoying carnival

Cem_Usakligil

Carnival is about get started, although people in our town have been notoriously celebrating it for the past 4 weeks. Believe me, the whole life here revolves around carnival activities. Today it was time for primary school children to kick-things off before the official carnival starts tonight and will last till next Wednesday (the so-called Ash Wednesday). Here you can see that the children wear silly clothes and carry lots of attributes (which are all related to the traditions and the theme of the carnival this year). They have certainly enjoyed themselves.

f18320.jpg

f18048.jpg

f18312.jpg

f17809.jpg

Cheers,

Ruben Alfu

Hi Cem, these are lovely, fun kids, can´t help feeling happy hehe! Carnival is just about to take off here in Panama too, I usually run away from it and go to relax to the beach or something (people can go pretty wild down here LOL) but I also feel tempted to squeeze in for some snaps, so here´s my dilemma: naps or snaps?

Looks like some serious fun! The first one I particularly like.

I agee. I love the bouncing activity, despite/because of the around zero Celsius (= -32 Fahrenheit) temperature.

Notice the tucked away hands, and the snow in the background:
f18312.jpg

Thanks Cem, for allowing us to sense some of the joy that's going on for a few days in (mainly the Southern parts of) the Netherlands, and not only amongst the kids.

Cheers,
Bart

Charlotte Thompson

Cem

what energy-

what "most" I love about your work is.....
taaaaadaaa.......

your Secret Gardens"

you do have a way about them-

Charlotte-