• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Inside the Gypsy Den

Bobby Deal

HI All, sorry I have been so absent these past few months but life and business have thankfully been busy.

Anywise just thought I would pop in take a look around see what everyone else has been doing and share a recent shot or two while I am at it.

Sat. we hosted a Mardi Gras party at my studio and towards the end of the evening collected a couple of female guests and did a quick fortune teller shoot with them.

Lighting was really simple stuff utilizing a 22" beauty dish up front bounced off the ceiling to provide some light fill and then we added an SB800 hidden behind the crystal ball to light the ball and act as key light. 2 additional sb-800s were gelled and used to selectively light bits of the set background

788567547_gumCS-XL.jpg

788567306_JcoKZ-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
HI All, sorry I have been so absent these past few months but life and business have thankfully been busy.

Bobby,

It's great to have to back and sharing your glamorous work!

Sat. we hosted a Mardi Gras party at my studio and towards the end of the evening collected a couple of female guests and did a quick fortune teller shoot with them.
Were these models or just you have great friends?

Lighting was really simple stuff utilizing a 22" beauty dish up front bounced off the ceiling to provide some light fill and then we added an SB800 hidden behind the crystal ball to light the ball and act as key light. 2 additional sb-800s were gelled and used to selectively light bits of the set background

Interesting to use the beauty dish like that together with simple Nikon flash. Triggered how? All Pocket wizards or using the Nikon hot shoe controller and a PC cord/PW at the same time?

788567547_gumCS-XL.jpg

This first picture I like as it's fun and the lighting of the crystal ball works well. She's perhaps too well endowed with a sensuous lower lip to be taken as a fortune teller. However, this still works great as she brings her implied energy to this glamor shot. It's lighthearted and just slightly provocative, but still very nice.

788567306_JcoKZ-XL.jpg

This one is so delightful. I know it's posed, but it really has the atmosphere of fortunetelling and anticipation as the girls future is being experienced by the fortune teller. Had you planned this in your mind ahead of the party or this was entirely spontaneous? In any case, the result is enjoyable.

Asher

Bobby Deal

Thanks Asher, the set was pre-built and ready for use by the party guests but the shoot its self was all spontaneous.

The Beauty dish was triggered by a pocket wizard with the SB-800's set to slave optically from the beauty dish.

The models in this shoot were girls I had never met before, they came as dates with a couple of my clients. The brunette is a Race Horse Trainer and I did not catch what the blonde does for a living but neither are actually models. Poses required significant amounts of direction and in many shots the poses fell a little short but I can look past the less then perfect poses in this and even feel that to some degree it adds a bit of candid editorial flavor to them.

Here are a couple more for you :)