• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jack Rabbit

Jaime Johnson

http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/

Canon 1D Mark III / Canon 500mm f4L

p60732984-4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love this picture, Jaime. You really make good use of the 500 mm lens. do you have more snow around it, or was it framed this close when you snapped it? I wonder how different processing might alter how the snow looks. Have you read the two threads on HDR. What's interesting is that they bring out micro detail and have the potential to add creatively to such areas as the snow shadowing and crystalline structure. I think this is a whoie new set of valid opportunities to explore. I'd love to see you try out the new program from Poland that Bart mentions here.

Just wondering if this might possibly interest you. To me, there are things in that snow that might really help build this photograph to an especially impressive level, even beyond the immediately good response it brings now.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
HDR is of great interest! Thanks Asher!

Bart, Cem and Stuart have done a lot of work on HDR that's instructive. I'd love to see you develop this further with these new tools. Read Stuart's review of different approaches linked here. I'd love to see you comment on his review in his thread and have an opinion and feedback on this review which is going unnoticed by too many folk!

Asher