• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

going further with colorimetry

Damien Paul

Ever since I started with my MSc (colorimetry, atmospheric physics), I hav developed a bit of a passion for the ol' colour spaces and how different images can be modeled therin.

My question is, how does one get employment into that field (if at all possible).

I am currently a Physics teacher with a Physics and Geology background.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ever since I started with my MSc (colorimetry, atmospheric physics), I hav developed a bit of a passion for the ol' colour spaces and how different images can be modeled therin.

My question is, how does one get employment into that field (if at all possible).

I am currently a Physics teacher with a Physics and Geology background.

I remember working on my PH.D. and there were folk getting trained as Wind Tunnel engineers and the only way to get a job would have been to cast a spell or put a contract out on the two guys who had jobs! Peope do degrees in Southern Provencal cooking in the early 18th Century and then go to look for a job. That's even tougher.

At least your focus is in a physical science used in a lot of areas. Today, multispectral cameras and UV imagery are very important in satellite imaging, forensic work, insect biology and no doubt many more areas.

Start to look at jobs on the job bulletin board at different universities. Often, jobs are available during the summer holidays and that's a way to make contacts too.

good luck,

Asher

Damien Paul

So true, I was also adviced to get published with the research that I am dong. The first one about my MSc studies in atmospheric colorimetry will be coming out soon.

In the meantime, I am going to continue as a teacher, whose work I have been able to balance with my studies very nicely

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think that there's an almost unlimited potential for improvement in all fields of imaging by taking advantage of the full spectrum of energies that photons can carry in the visible and UV and infrared ranges. diseased crops, opium fields and more can be discovered! No more secrets!

Asher