PDA

View Full Version : Critique Desired: A rendez-vous...

Cedric MASSOULIER
March 10th, 2010, 12:05 AM
A bouquet of flowers laid on the ground and a subway ticket ..., did the rendez-vous gone wrong?

http://upandpost.com/image/full/6/594a46bc985af15e5748d6e6d1aa66f.jpg

janet Smith
March 10th, 2010, 02:53 AM
A bouquet of flowers laid on the ground and a subway ticket ..., did the rendez-vous gone wrong?

I like this and your story of a "rendez-vous gone wrong" a scenario that leaves open all manner of interpretations.....

Nice image and well observed as always Cedric.

charlotte thompson
March 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Cedric

Romantic like almost "film noir"

this has such appeal to me
I could see it framed and placed in a soft pale eggshell white bedroom
next to a vase of roses- white of course!

very vintage shot
love it a lot-

Charlotte-

Cedric MASSOULIER
March 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Hi,

Thank you ;) I think square format works well with this kind of subject.

Cedric.

Asher Kelman
March 10th, 2010, 01:35 PM

http://upandpost.com/image/full/6/594a46bc985af15e5748d6e6d1aa66f.jpg

Cedric Massoulier: Rendez-vous

Original

Cedric,

I like your pictures so much as they are not about what one sees, but rather what's imagined and that's always a question, observation or a musing about people. This is another commendable image, very simply constructed and powerful. The sentiments you express give the final fabric to hold everything together as a memorable creative work that people might want to return to often.

I hope you don't mind me sharing my own feelings on some of the pictures special features that help to make it work to get out interest and deliver your ideas successfully.

http://openphotographyforums.com/2007_OPF_AK/Cedric MASSOULIER/Brokenrendezvous_AK.jpg

Cedric Massoulier Rendez-vous

Edits by ADK to show two strong possible lines of movement

First notice the single ticket. This serves as a "Stop" point which will not move and is a reference position, (together with the curb stones), against which movement might be imagined. The large sweeping action from the roadway extends through the flower stems to bring one's eyes upwards and to the right into the picture just as the flowers rotate and thrust downwards, (blue) to the sidewalk.

This is such a simple and powerfully constructed image and the title for it says it all and opens a gate to a mystery. What happened before and what happened afterwards is an entire movie!

Asher

fahim mohammed
March 14th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Cedric, that is a wonderful capture. Your comments beautifully compliment the frame.

Regards.

Damien Paul
March 17th, 2010, 04:28 AM
That is a great capture, Cedric, and as others have mentioned - your title describes it perfectlly - this picture certainly tells a thousand (and more) words

Alain Briot
March 24th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Cedric,

Keep the ticket. It is part of the story. In paris the subway plays an important role in rendez vous!