• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Moonlight through the Trees

Damien Paul

This photo was taken at a small place called Yarroweyah in Australia, from the backyard of my cousins' house:

4435073302_fb101854ae.jpg

There is a back story to this - the night this was taken was in between storms that caused quite significant damage to surrounding districts - but for one moment, the moon shone through the darkness, giving some shape and definition to the world immediately around us.

It was a moment of calm, of silence - a moment that is so missing from many of our lives - so much so, that we lose our perspective of the 'shape and definition' of what is around us - alot of times to our and other's detriment.

It reminded me that in my 1000-mile-an-hour life, i do need to slow down and take this perspective.

Also, the song 'Moonlight Shadow' is part of my inspiration...

Even though there was a different story to the song... it reminds me of the darkest years of my life - 1993 and 2006-2007 - we lost so many in that time, far too mnay, and many before their time, some through the hatred of others, some through sickness that they so valiantly fought, some, so suddenly that it shocked us all to the core. The loss of a sibling, girlfriend, cousins, uncles, grandmother, godfather, class mates, work mates and watching dad suffering through cancer shattered me, shattered us all.

All of these, I did not know how I could possibly get through it - and in a way, we never really do - I still have moments when the storm clouds engulf me and I can only feel the cold and dark - but I remind myself the storm must break - as it did for example with my dad - after a year long battle, he defeated cancer.

..and as the song goes - I sometimes see my loved ones in the moonlight shadow.

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

I can understand, after reading your excellent narrative, why this capture would have a special place for you.

Yes, it is necessary to slow down. Take stock. And also imperative that we reserve a few moments each day for contemplation.

Best.