• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dorothea Lange

Jessica Chenca

Hi everyone!
My name is Jessica, and I am a high school student doing a research project on Dorothea Lange. For our project, we are required to conduct an interview and I was wondering if anybody would be willing to answer some questions on her impact on the world.

1. What is your association with Dorothea Lange?
2. How has she impacted your life?
3. In your opinion, what is her most memorable piece of work? Why?
4. How did she work? Was she methodical or free and artistic?
5. What was she like in everyday life?
6. Did she always have her camera out, ready to capture daily life?
7. Why do you think she took pictures?
8. Do you know of any interesting stories behind her pictures?
9. How did she connect with her subjects?
10. If she were still here with us today, what do you think she would be photographing? Any recurrent themes?
11. In one sentence, how would you describe the impact her pictures have on the present and future?

Thanks so much for your help!
Jess

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
H Jessica,

You ask a lot of questions, almost a Master's Thesis! Tell us of your own interest in photography first. Why is important, fascinating or fun or is it something merely necessary for your high school curriculum? Do you have a camera? Do you have pictures you really like? Are there photographers who's work you like to see or inspire you?

You have your "15 minutes of fame". (Now do you know where that comes from?)

MS_migrant.jpg

Dorothea Lange Migrant Worker

Read about Dorothy Lange in the front of OPF here and then write down what you think of it in a reply to this post. Then as your reward, you could ask to interview the author, Michael Stones and I'll write you a letter of recommendation!

Asher