• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Okefenokee Paddle Trip

Larry Brown

Last weekend my wife and another couple took a trip to the Okefenokee Swamp located in south Georgia.Canoe paddling is one of my passions as well as photography,caving,hiking and camping to list a few.Gear choice when paddling is always a concern so as usual so I brought my Tamron 18-250 super zoom to capture some moments out on the water.
Not really posting for a critique (but if you want to I won't discourage you) but more to share as many may not get to see this area of our state,country or this part of the world.
Most images are candid shots I took this weekend as paddling for 8+ hours a day can limit your prep time for the more serious shots (my excuse anyway) but here are a few that I liked and they printed pretty good as well.

This image is of our friends Ricky and Terry which invited us on this trip.They had there first date together here over 30 years ago.They love it here and now I know why.
IMGP2655.jpg

A welcome, safe place to get out of the canoes and stretch some.After 5 or 6 miles of paddling it was nice to do so.We did 10+ miles this day, we got out twice.
IMGP2707.jpg

The wildlife shots of choice were these guys, we saw over 50 of them on our 2 days on the water. Most seem to be sunning and did hear the mating calls as well. You can see why you may just not want to jump out of your boat anywhere!
IMGP2615.jpg

Kinda wish I got the focus better on this one but still is appealing to me.
IMGP2693.jpg

I do hope you have enjoyed these.

Larry

Cem_Usakligil

...I do hope you have enjoyed these...
I certainly did Larry. What a beautiful location, almost heaven. Until one sees those sunbathing critters, lol. I'd be worried all the time for making the wrong move and causing the canoe to capsize. And not only due to getting my camera gear wet ;-)

Thanks for the series, very nice to see these. Please feel free to add more later.

Cheers,

Sydney Rester

The color of the water is positively gorgeous! I don't canoe or kayak or go in any kind of boat that may tip over especially near swamp creatures, but your pictures made it positively inviting!

Larry Brown

Thank you Sydney for your look and comments! I see you live in Tennessee which I visit often, caves and rivers abound there. One of my favorite rivers to paddle is the Duck River located near Nashville. The Duck is a wonderful river and enjoy packing heavy and doing 3 day excursions, camping on it's shores as it is remote in spots and gives you a true wilderness feeling.

The color of the water is positively gorgeous! I don't canoe or kayak or go in any kind of boat that may tip over especially near swamp creatures, but your pictures made it positively inviting!

Nichole Lampron

Really nice and those critters look like fun. Okay, I worked at Silver Springs last summer and had to handle Gators, so to me they don't bother me one bit.

Someday when I get over my motion sickness, I want to go canoeing.

Larry Brown

Thank you Nicole for looking! Who would have guessed we would have a "Gator Handler" on this forum,LOL! Canoeing is a lot of fun, a good way to get out to some remote and less visited areas and relax. Also a great way to spend time with friends and celebrate nature with endless photo opportunities. Most flat water paddling it almost seems that you are barely moving so I don't know how it would effect you for the motion sickness you mentioned but may be worth the try if you get a chance. If it is mild maybe some type of medication for that may help.

Larry

Really nice and those critters look like fun. Okay, I worked at Silver Springs last summer and had to handle Gators, so to me they don't bother me one bit.

Someday when I get over my motion sickness, I want to go canoeing.