• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

She and He

An empty afternoon in a local small supermarket...

9c65f15626feae339e384b76d68842a.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
An empty afternoon in a local small supermarket...

9c65f15626feae339e384b76d68842a.jpg

Cedric,

The key to this image's meaning and strength is the figure on the left. However the nearest paired round shapes on to ceiling pull us away too much. If these are cropped, I think your picture snaps to a stronger presentation. What do you think? Perhaps it destroys what's your intent?

Asher

Ken Tanaka

pro member
This looks like a futuristic-type of mall design, something perhaps from the 1970's when films like Logan's Run were popular.

Honestly, the posters the title reference got completely lost, too marginalized and overpowered to be main subjects. (I found myself wondering how the light gratings became broken and how long they've been in disrepair.) Form trumps almost everything else in any photograph. Colr comes next. Here you've presented powerful forms, made all the more visually overpowering because they're rhythmic forms. But as if to add hot sauce to an already spiced dish you've bisected the frame with this geometry.

In my opinion, to convey what your title suggests of your intentions I would suggest leaving the light spheres out of the image entirely. They're far too powerful and would overwhelm almost any image in that space. Frame the image facing the left windows with the posters offset. If you want to suggest emptiness, show an empty corridor with these faces looking sad and lonely, as their expressions might suggest anyway.

Hi,

Indeed title is not very convenient... I chose it AFTER the shot, as an sudden idea... But original intent was to capture this empty corridor with graphism...

Maybe so a new title : "Corridor".

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cedric,

After these comments, perhaps you might return to this local spot and make a series of images and explore the great possibilities. This one picture convinces anyone that you have picked a rich location for your creativity.

Asher