• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Ballet School

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
These are for the promo piece I did for last week's Ballet School Shoot that I did.
In studio : Two Profoto Monolights - Strip light at camera left and 4x6 Softbox to Camera Right.at f8 SS200. 5d2 and 24-70L Manual Mode....

802304818_B3nWz-M-2.jpg

821783075_hoaM3-M.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love it! But why TV?

The color is wonderful. Love to see the face or a portion of it larger.

Thanks for sharing this delightful picture. Adding your lighting details is a real plus.

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
TV

No, Just shutter speed was 200. I always shoot manual. Thanks, Asher.

Just was trying to capture a 3 year old on a sugar high in a studio is not all fun and games!
She didn't want to wear the dress.
She didn't want to play the games.
She was cranky and hungry and wanted to manage her world as only a 3 year old can do.

Asher Kelman

Kathy,

Well you did well despite the crankiness! what's the background you use? do you make prints fro them to see, say a contact sheet or do you sell through posting them on your web page for clients with a password and ordering online?

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Prefer in person ordering

I prefer in person ordering.

For this shoot I gave a handout that basically gave a 25% discount for pre-ordering with my choice of image. I sold some of them but no where near what I expected.

The next batch will go online. I haven't decided about how long to limit the gallery yet. I will probably give a discount for images ordered within 21 days of posting and I am going back to the school to do a presentation to the parents. Some of the images are wonderful and some of the parents will definitely order them larger than I am offering online.

Unlike a school photographer who lines the kids up to shoot them like a factory, I did candid shots during the classes and some formally posed shots with a really fun background.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thanks

Thanks, Bart

I used some album software to make a digital background/frame. The image was shot on a speckled beige muslin background.

Asher Kelman

Kathy,

The kids are especially lucky that you have warmed up on portraits and boudoir and have the sensitivity for making the girls look really like fairies and that's wonderful. I would never know where to get the frames but it's and added plus for this occasion.

asher

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Kathy,

Great looking results, congrats! Especially considering the cooperation you've received from this young lady. I hope that the sales will take off after you go online with the next batch. Good luck!

Cheers,