• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Latin Fashion

Joe Thomas

I would love some comments and critiques on this photo. I took this shot a while back in October of 2009, but I like it and I think it is a fun shot.

latin-fashion-small.jpg

Joe Thomas : Latin Fashion

To read the story of how I got this shot read: Latin Fashion.

fahim mohammed

Joe, something does not look too good on my monitors. maybe due to the jpg compression artifacts.
Maybe something a little less biting and softer. The girl models, pretty, but could do with a visit
to a beautician...or it maybe my monitor. The handsome young man..he is well positioned, well posed
and well photographed.

Regards.

I would love some comments and critiques on this photo. I took this shot a while back in October of 2009, but I like it and I think it is a fun shot.

latin-fashion-small.jpg

Joe Thomas : Latin Fashion

To read the story of how I got this shot read: Latin Fashion.

Mike Shimwell

Hi Jo

The girl on the left of the picture looks caught in the headlights and the blacks are really black. I'd like a bit of tecture in the clothes really.

There again, fashion isn't my thng and I cold well be wrong.

Mike

Joe Thomas

Hi Jo

The girl on the left of the picture looks caught in the headlights and the blacks are really black. I'd like a bit of tecture in the clothes really.

There again, fashion isn't my thng and I cold well be wrong.

Mike

That is fair. I am trying to remember back now to what she was wearing (it was 5 months ago or so) and I don't think there was much to the dress on the girl who was on the left hand side. But your point is well taken. Now that I think of it I too would like more texture. I am just not sure how much more there is that I could have captured.

And this wasn't for a designer, it was just a bring your own stuff shoot. :) So I worked with what I had. lol.

Thanks for the comments.

Joe Thomas

Joe, something does not look too good on my monitors. maybe due to the jpg compression artifacts.
Maybe something a little less biting and softer. The girl models, pretty, but could do with a visit
to a beautician...or it maybe my monitor. The handsome young man..he is well positioned, well posed
and well photographed.

Regards.

If you are talking about the legs I know what you mean. I forget how I processed this one (I am still learning how to process, but I think I am much further along with my technique than i was when I originally did this photo). So your point is well taken. I was shooting at ISO 100, so it was my processing that caused those problems.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Rachel Foster

Hi, Joe. I agree with the others. The woman on the left has an odd expression and the cropping cuts their legs in a way that doesn't work for me. It also looks dark to me.

However, the young man has a very engaging posture and expression. I think with a few tweaks in posing and lighting this could have been very nice.