• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Carla out and about

Doug Kerr

Carla is a member of The Friends of the Weatherford Library, which recently held its annual sponsor appreciation luncheon. The speaker was Jody Dean, a long-time figure in Dallas-Fort Worth area broadcast radio.

Here we see Jody and Carla:

Library_luncheon_F15122C1R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Jody Dean and Carla Kerr F15122

Lighting was a Speedlite 580EX II atop my EOS 40D, no light modification.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Carla, as usual fllls the entire screen with her smile. That color goes well with her personality!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Carla, as usual fllls the entire screen with her smile. That color goes well with her personality!

Asher

Doug, this is how I like my photos. let me see the personality which has done you proud.

to quote you " We are so blessed to enjoy the periodic views of this exquisite woman. "

Best wishes to Carla and yourself.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Doug,

A photograph like this does not need any complicated setup with lights IMO. And you have proven it, very nicely done!

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Carla is a member of The Friends of the Weatherford Library, which recently held its annual sponsor appreciation luncheon. The speaker was Jody Dean, a long-time figure in Dallas-Fort Worth area broadcast radio.

Here we see Jody and Carla:

Library_luncheon_F15122C1R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Jody Dean and Carla Kerr F15122

Lighting was a Speedlite 580EX II atop my EOS 40D, no light modification.

Cem,

This might not be so straightforward. Had this guy been with many other weaker subjects, the picture would not be balanced. It's perhaps the strong interest, (the color, broad hat and boader smile) that makes the picture right. If that was wrong, then the lighting would not matter!

Asher

Doug Kerr

A few days after the event illustrated above, Carla attended the annual meeting of The Friends of the Weatherford Library (the previous event was the group's sponsor appreciation luncheon). The meeting was held at Chandor Gardens in Weatherford, Texas, once the estate of famed British portrait painter Douglas Granvil Chandor (SHAN-der). He is known for his portraits of many important figures, including Franklin Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover, Winston Churchill, and Queen Elizabeth II. He painted the only portrait of Eleanor Roosevelt for which she actually sat.

In 1936, Chandor and his new second wife, Ina Kuteman Hill, a native of Weatherford, began to transform a chalky knob just southwest of downtown Weatherford into a stylish home amid a wondrous garden complex, with motifs from China, Japan, and elsewhere. The site today is owned and operated by the City of Weatherford. It is a popular site for weddings, parties, and meetings of civic groups.

Here we see Carla, late in the afternoon, on one of the bridges crossing the network of small streams and canals on the property.

Carla_Chandor_F15269R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla at Chandor Gardens F15269
Flash fill with Speedlite 580EX II on a Canon EOS 40D​

I'd like to fill you in on an interesting aesthetic development here. From my earlier work, you know Carla as a redhead, a state resulting from skilled application of modern chemicals. A while ago, she decided to give that up. She stopped applying the colorant, to see what grew out - after which she would decide what to do next.

Well, what emerged was the most glorious shaded medium blond, just as you see it in the photograph. She maintains it just that way. Another triumph for "better lucky than good!"

Carla sends her regards to all of you.

John Angulat

pro member
Another splendid capture of an elegant, refined lady!
She photographs well, and you pay her a great compliment with your camera.
My regards to her, as well.

StuartRae

Hi Doug,

What an elegant lady your Carla is, and so natural in front of the camera. You must realise how lucky you are (and I'm sure she knows how lucky she is as well).

The new hair colour suits her very well by the way.

Regards,

Stuart