• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Azalea

Doug Kerr

Hi, Sydney,

I visited your site. Your work is lovely.

If I had to pick a single adjective to describe what makes it special it is "clarity". I think you have used photography for the purpose the inventors had in mind.

I read your story of the tragic loss of your sister. Her spirit obviously lives on in your work, one of those wonderful consequences (I won't trivialize them by saying "compensations") of our universe.

I suggest that our colleagues here take a visit to this oeuvre:

http://mairimages.smugmug.com/

Best regards,

Doug

Sydney Rester

Hi, Sydney,

I visited your site. Your work is lovely.

If I had to pick a single adjective to describe what makes it special it is "clarity". I think you have used photography for the purpose the inventors had in mind.

I read your story of the tragic loss of your sister. Her spirit obviously lives on in your work, one of those wonderful consequences (I won't trivialize them by saying "compensations") of our universe.

I suggest that our colleagues here take a visit to this oeuvre:

http://mairimages.smugmug.com/

Best regards,

Doug

Doug, I don't even know what to say except thank you. I am honored beyond belief. This brings tears to my eyes. I've only been shooting for about 7 months and when I look at my work compared to the images I see here I see flaw after flaw. Thank you for the encouragement and the confidence boost to keep on shooting!

Sydney Rester

Thanks, Asher. Can you tell me what you like about it? After I posted it, I was afraid I'd get a lot of negative comments about there being too much white space at the top of the frame. I do love the way the azalea stands out (there's the 135L working it's magic yet again).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks, Asher. Can you tell me what you like about it? After I posted it, I was afraid I'd get a lot of negative comments about there being too much white space at the top of the frame. I do love the way the azalea stands out (there's the 135L working it's magic yet again).

Sydney,

it's just so fresh and beautiful with the lens allowing it to appear so well defined from the b.g. I might remove 1/4 inch from the bottom border, and perhaps an i/8 inch from the top, but it has still space above to bring in the honey bees and breezes to move the pollen.

Asher

Sydney Rester

Sydney, your family images are some nice insights, nicely composed, too. The azaleas here are nicely shot.

Thank you Paul. Like I said, I'm only 7 months into this. I have a TON to learn, and I cannot express how much the support from this board has meant. Critiques have been fair and constructive, and it seems I've gotten encouragement just when I needed it. You guys are the best!

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Sydney,
Very nicely composed! What a lovely image!
I'm imagining this printed on textured heavy-weight matte paper.
...something like a delicate water color!
You might have to reduce the saturation a bit to get that effect, but it's sure worth playing with!