• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Honesty

SPD_20100416_4285.jpg

Honesty or the silver dollar plant.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Splendid!

This is a handsome plant. It somehow seems medicinal in the quality of the leaves, so wide, segmented and lush.

Asher

StuartRae

Hi Sean,

Lovely image.

BTW, are you testing attachments?
If I'm not logged in I can only see the partial url for the image, and when I click on it I'm asked to login.
If I am logged in I can see the image in-line.
If I answer the post the image disappears and is replaced by a link to 'Attachment 102'.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

Hi Sean,

Lovely image.

If I'm not logged in I can only see the partial url for the image, and when I click on it I'm asked to login.
If I answer the post the image disappears and is replaced by a link to 'Attachment 102'.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart,

It seems that Sean is experimenting with the image "attachment" capability of our forum software. I discovered the same limitations myself. However, it's great to have an image loaded from one's desktop. We'll get this right, for sure!

Asher

StuartRae

Hi Asher (and Sean),

I discovered the same limitations myself.

Not being able to see the image unless you're logged on is as expected.
What I've not come across before is that it disappears when making a reply to the post.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

I must admit, I was miffed by not being able to see the image in a reply. I think this might be due to how images are stored in OPF. It's likely that each OPFr authorized to attach images has a separate location in the database. So when you try to copy the image, it loses track of the other person's image!

Asher

Wonderful image.If you wouldn't mind some details on how,what and such?

Canon Rebel XT, 100/2.8 Macro, 550-EX with a small 4x8 inch (10x20 cm) velcro on diffuser at 1/200@f/8 in full manual. The flash was to the left to balance the ambient lighting IIRC.

Converted from RAW using straight defaults with a daylight white balance in camera. Using flash for the main subject tends to yield very natural color in my experience. This is especially true with some of the more saturated red and magenta flowers. Rose Campion (Lychnis coronarius) comes to mind most especially.

The plants themselves are biennials and it took a patient year long wait and a long summer of watering to get this bed of transplanted seedlings into a solid vibrant healthy bed of flowers. But this species is not known for its flowers, it is the seed casings that are truly most decorative and last the summer through.

all the best,

Sean

Lovely image.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks.

Yes, I am testing attachments. Thanks you for the behavioral info. Sadly, even in Firefox it only shows as attachment 102.

all the best,

Sean