• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from sunny Georgian Bay, Ontario.

J.A.L.P. (Just another landscape photog)

Hello All,

I tripped over this link on ProPhotoHome forums and spent a few hours here the other night.

After I agreed to all the terms of use and rules and regulations and read all the bios on the owner and moderators and casually perused some of the exceptional landscape work displayed, I came to the conclusion that I would be in very good company here.

My bio reads like this:

I started when I was seven years old shooting medium format B&W with a Diana given to me aboard a jet enroute to England to meet my relatives. I still have the Diana and the negs. And I've never stopped. Over 35 years, now. I finally succumed to this digital landslide in May, but I had to be dragged kicking and screaming. And I'm not happy about it yet.

I live in a secluded part of Canada, though not quite wilderness, with deer, moose and bear as regular visitors. My two daughters wore bells on their wrists growing up, to alert the bears to their presence, and are each now deciding on which Universities to attend. Life for a landscape/nature photographer here is like a dream come true.

My favourite colour is green. My best friend's name is Schooner. And I earn my living with my camera.

Keep Smiling!

Gup.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome Gup!

Well, I'm delighted your tripped over here! We're a mixed bunch and try hard to be helpful. Hope you'' share pictures and experience with your new friends here.

Now I'll have to brush up on my Canada geography!

Looks like a great place to visit! Add a link to your signature to your gallery!

Asher

I wish it were that easy. I don't own a scanner and my digital inventory is all on DVD and on my harddrive. I have not found it necessary to create a web presence to this point. I was surprised to see I couldn't upload from here.

Any suggestions?

Gup.

Dave New

Nice to hear from your parts. My wife and visited Tobermory (sp?) when we took are 25th anniversary Great Lakes cruise. We were there just long enough to peruse the gift shops and take a glass-bottom boat shipwreck tour.

Wonderful bit 'o Canada, I must say.