• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Prom Night

Nill Toulme

100430-DHHSprom-109_std.jpg

Bard Azima

It's coolish. I understand you had to use a slow shutter speed to get enough light but it would have been better methinks if eveyone has pretty much been in focus. Of course, that depends on your camera and lenses too. Being in limos ends up usually being extremely challenging.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's coolish. I understand you had to use a slow shutter speed to get enough light but it would have been better methinks if eveyone has pretty much been in focus. Of course, that depends on your camera and lenses too. Being in limos ends up usually being extremely challenging.

I like the one guy being in focus especially if there are more images like this to follow. Then one does not suffer from how one might have made the picture differently as it will not appear accidental.

Nill,

Is that kid in focus yours?

Asher

Nill Toulme

Thanks guys. OK, full disclosure... the only credit I can take for this shot is pressing the shutter button, and then choosing it. Serendipity all the way.

It was a Hummer limo, and I was shooting blind through the little window from the driver's compartment. I had to take my flash off the bracket to fit the camera through the window, and I stupidly removed it from the off shoe cord instead of the cord from the bracket, and I couldn't figure out why my flash wouldn't fire!

Anyway, the kid in focus is my daughter's date (that's her in the white dress behind him). The good news is I owed his mama a senior portrait type shoot anyway...

And I picked it because, like Winston, I really like it, but can't tell you why.

Nill

p.s. Bard if I had been doing this with any forethought whatsoever I would have used my 16-35 or more likely my fisheye, and bounced the flash somehow. That's kind of what I was trying to do in an entirely impromptu fashion by jamming the 24-105 through the window with one hand and poking the flash through with the other. The fact that I blew the flash was... serendipity.