• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Hanuman Temple in Advalpal, Goa

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
maruti-2.jpg

For some background, see this.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Can anyone restore the to it's original appearance? I ask this for the sense of preserving ancient monuments and also seeing if folk here have the skill to retouch the picture of hte temple to discover and show its original splendor.

I wonder what it takes for buildings like this to be considered an international treasure to get WHO funding?

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Beautiful temple Rajan, it looks so peaceful, harmonious. Good thing that you are spreading the word about its condition.

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Can anyone restore the to it's original appearance? I ask this for the sense of preserving ancient monuments and also seeing if folk here have the skill to retouch the picture of hte temple to discover and show its original splendor.

I wonder what it takes for buildings like this to be considered an international treasure to get WHO funding?

Asher

Asher,

There is expertise available to restore the temple, and some foundations have done restoration work in Goa recently. The problem is, funds usually go to the more well-known structures whereas these little out-of-the-way gems are given short shrift. A beauty like this would not be allowed to go to seed in a Western country, I'd like to think.

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
I like the lush green setting and the earth colors of the temple seem to stand out. Rajan is the temple still used?

Fahim,

The temple is a live place of worship. At least twice a week, prayers are offered and so on. But it is not on the usual temple circuit with regular visitors and so on. Part of its charm lies in its relative obscurity.