• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Head Shot

Just wondering how this works,
What needs to be fixed?
_MG_0077.jpg

Thanks for looking

fahim mohammed

Cody, I hate snakes; of all kinds.

But photos of them are ok. Good ones are very welcome ( repeat photos only pls. )

This is a good one. I find that the oof area and intensity behind that snake's head distracting.

As I said, I don't like to see live snakes..in the dark or in the light!

Thanks for sharing.

Paul Abbott

I agree with Fahim, that white area is very distracting. A simple and uncluttered backdrop is more useful for subjects like this, I guess.

C. Fessler

Nice DOF!

Echoing what the others have said, I'd put some greenry behind his head, a good contrast to the brown, without having the blown out highlight of what's there now.

I agree with Fahim, that white area is very distracting. A simple and uncluttered backdrop is more useful for subjects like this, I guess.

Nice DOF!

Echoing what the others have said, I'd put some greenry behind his head, a good contrast to the brown, without having the blown out highlight of what's there now.

That white area is the back of my house the dark brown frame is a window.
I tried to use a f/stop that would blur out my house mostly.
And I don't have any Fancy backdrops, I try to do the best I can with What I have.

thanks for looking.

Gregg Simpson

Good effort Cody, I too agree that the background is distracting also the image is lacking a bit of dynamism, the snakes head is to square on for me, I hope you don't mind me butchering your photo! This is how I think it should look.

ED_0077.jpg

Regards

Gregg

Prateek Dubey

Cody,
Since you've taken the risk to have a python in your backyard, you can risk cropping the photo a bit more to focus on its eyes. The beauty is in the eyes though. I'm fascinated by snakes, though I cannot really touch them. I think they represent time. Gracious, slippery, beautiful and very deadly if you're not careful. I use snake textures often in my paintings..
Prateek

Cody,
Since you've taken the risk to have a python in your backyard, you can risk cropping the photo a bit more to focus on its eyes. The beauty is in the eyes though. I'm fascinated by snakes, though I cannot really touch them. I think they represent time. Gracious, slippery, beautiful and very deadly if you're not careful. I use snake textures often in my paintings..
Prateek

Sorry to say this snake is not a Python, but a Boa constrictor

Andy brown

Whilst cutting wood today (it's winter in OZ) a beautiful little snake came out from a hollow log I was splitting. Delightful ctreature, it was gunmetal grey with a glistening black head. It looked like a highly polished black shoe. I did take a quick shot which I won't post, it was in mottled light, just for ID sake. It turned out to be an Eastern small eyed snake. I didn't even know they existed previously and I spend lots of time in the bush.