• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A cute little baby...

Mike Fulton

We really enjoy having a full feature studio serving our community here in Southeast Texas.

Here is a little guy from birth to up to this month

1) Newborn
Grissom002-30x30.jpg

2) 3 months
18355_274661120674_532505674_3272619_7948547_n.jpg

3) 6 months
001.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Grissom002-30x30.jpg

Mike Fulton: Newborn

This I really like!

Props like the scale are great! I might consider cropping away the top 1" to make the baby more important perhaps. What do you think?

Asher

Mike Fulton

The scale is an early 1920's era Candy Store scale which we found and refurbish to use just for newborns as this image. This image is one of our most popular with our parents and one which people come to us for directly to have taken.

We capture this shot with every newborn session and leave room around the image as it is so we can print it on a Gallery Wrap leaving the extra room to fold around the edges. As a general rule we print it on a 2" wrap so there is 2 inches around the image which is taken away which does crop the image in some making the baby more the center focusing point.

Thanks both of you again for taking the time in posting some feedback on your views of these portraits.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The scale is an early 1920's era Candy Store scale which we found and refurbish to use just for newborns as this image. This image is one of our most popular with our parents and one which people come to us for directly to have taken.

We capture this shot with every newborn session and leave room around the image as it is so we can print it on a Gallery Wrap leaving the extra room to fold around the edges. As a general rule we print it on a 2" wrap so there is 2 inches around the image which is taken away which does crop the image in some making the baby more the center focusing point.

Thanks both of you again for taking the time in posting some feedback on your views of these portraits.

I was thinking that with the crop the baby's head ends up closer to the junction of the left upper 1/3 in the rule of thirds.

Smart dea!

Asher