• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My very 1st post

Jarmo Juntunen

Registered yesterday, here's my very first picture in this forum. I can't really tell why I chose this to be my first one. Anyway, I'm eager to hear your comments. Also, the posting itself took some effort and I'm not sure if I did it right (I'm useless with computers!).

_small.jpg

Registered yesterday, here's my very first picture in this forum. I can't really tell why I chose this to be my first one. Anyway, I'm eager to hear your comments. Also, the posting itself took some effort and I'm not sure if I did it right (I'm useless with computers!).

Hi Jarmo,

The posting works fine, you did well.

The picture is not bad at all, you've captured the motion/speed, and (presuming that she was the subject) the girl in the red coat is in focus and recognizable. it's always nice if there is a bit of a story in such images.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

_small.jpg

Jarmo,

You have done so well! As Bart said you have capture the moment and the look on the boys face. It's nice to have an introduction so we know what is important to you and the image.

The picture works as it is. Still I love to see what one can get more out of a snap and I must admit to having fiddled around and it cropping a little and sharpening the boys face does work.

A good moving start to being in OPF, sharing images you like. You'll get expert in posting in no time!

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Bart and Asher! I'm glad you liked this picture. I promised Bart earlier that I will not be boring you with pictures of my kids... and started at the OPF with a picture of my daughter. She's the one in the middle and I must say I'm quite happy with the outcome. It is pretty much what I intended it to be, with her being "sharpish" and other elements of the picture giving the air of movement.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
_small.jpg

Here's my idea of how one might look at the fun image of your little girl too

_MG_1070.JPG.jpeg copy

I hope you like it!

Asher

Eugene Ye

the girl face is relatively sharp, so to me it puts the subject in context. Asher's crop does make the girl stand out, but somehow, probably due to the girl's face direction and the machine rotation, I prefer the girl to be on the left 1/3 instead. just a newbie thought

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Asher! I see your point and very largely agree with it, especially when it comes to sharpening the girl's face. Still, I somehow that the sense of movement in my original is more real, probably owing to the empty space on the right.

Thank you Asher! I see your point and very largely agree with it, especially when it comes to sharpening the girl's face. Still, I somehow that the sense of movement in my original is more real, probably owing to the empty space on the right.

I also like the larger context. It immedialtely makes it clear that a merry-go-round in motion was the setting.

Cheers,
Bart