• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Albuquerque Tricentennial

Aaron Strasburg

As part of the closing ceremonies of Albuquerque's Tricentennial celebration 300 lights were lit along a 2 mile stretch of Sandia Peak east of town. This isn't a spectacular shot, but I've always enjoyed playing around with night photography.

68237541.jpg

I wish they'd lit the lights a little earlier, but at least there was a nearly full moon filtered through clouds to provide some illumination.

Aaron

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Aaron,

Who says it isn't spectacular? Did you get it in RAW. I just fiddled with it in PS 7 at a spare computer and it has a lot of potential! Define the title mood purpose or just leave it up to us and re post it here with larger uncorrected file. Then we could critique it too. Tell us how you took the image: tripod, camera, lens ISO etc. This kind of shot is very hard, but you have actually done better than you might believe.

I like it!

Asher

Aaron Strasburg

Yes, it was shot in RAW, which I can send to you if you like. I've not done much with it other than a little fiddling in Lightroom to create this image.

The shot is Canon 20D, EF-S 10-22, 30s at f/4.5, ISO 100, tripod, MLU, cable release. I added a little light with a few off-camera flash bursts from both camera right and left into the foreground bushes from my 580EX at 1/64 or 1/128 power.

The shot's really almost documentary in nature. Tricentennials don't come along every day, you know.... It's also about the fact that finding a relatively open spot in what's called North Albuquerque Acres has become nearly impossible. In a few years this shot will not be possible.

The sights in Albuquerque

I'll be in Albuquerque this coming Thursday afternoon and evening. Will the Tricentennial festivities still be on? How about the balloon festival?

scott