• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

how to display panorama

Damon foord

Hi guys
I created my first panorama but cannot find a way to display it fully on a web site as its about 10000 x400 pixels after converting it to jpg. Ive tried one site but it just cuts it off to fit the page any ideas would be great.

Valentin Arfire

Hi Damon,

For webpages on interent you can chose to expose it in zoomity if your panorama is planar - it is based ob flash.

pano2vr has an option to make it mov film or flash and maybe limit the access to certain directions where you don't have anything

10000 x 400 seems to me a dimension that may be interesting as print

another idea would be to present it in slices say of 800 pixel wide - would take 12 "slices" and you could present it with no loses in dimension.

Hi guys
I created my first panorama but cannot find a way to display it fully on a web site as its about 10000 x400 pixels after converting it to jpg. Ive tried one site but it just cuts it off to fit the page any ideas would be great.

Hi Damon,

It will be a bit of a challenge to present it in a way that does justice to the sensation of a wide view. As Valentin mentioned, Zoomify or Pano2VR or similar solutions allow to view large images through a smaller window, but you'll probably need your own webspace to allow others to see it.

Cheers,
Bart

Damon foord

thanx guys I will look into this. The original is approximately 50000 x 2500 and 575mb. I have cropped and jpeg'd it to 10000 x 400. The pic itself is no masterpiece but I was pleased with how well it stitched together, there are a few minor exposure differences most noticable on the water but was pleased for a first attempt.

horridhillpanorama.jpg

hmmm I thought I might get away with it on photobucket but it looks like they shrunk it to fit page aswell lol.

lets try it on my personal web page.

horridhill panorama.jpg

that works ok.

StuartRae

Hi Damon,

It's not a good idea to post images that are a lot wider than the screen, because as you can see it screws up the formatting of subsequent posts and forces the viewer to scroll horizontally in order to read them.

One solution is to make a small image a link to a large one, so that clicking it opens the large one in a new window.

Thus:

[ URL="url of large image"][ IMG]url of small image[ /IMG][ /URL] (remove spaces after opening [s)

Click image to see a larger version.

As for the image itself, I'd like to see a bit more detail in the shadows, something like this Hope you don't mind my edit.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Guys,

OPF should be receptive to showing panoramas. That's something planned. Sorry it's not yet implemented!

Asher

Valentin Arfire

the size of the files as well as the various problems involved in making and presenting make panoramas difficult to do.

the vast majority of websites have the dimension or shape of the images limited

Damon foord

your right stuart I didnt know how to do it so if one of the mods can alter the link in my post to what stuart suggested that would be great.

Stuart I like what you done to the panorama it looks much more defined and feel free to use/alter any pics I post.

Asher Im sure you will get round to it.

StuartRae

Hi Damon,

Stuart I like what you done to the panorama it looks much more defined ........

You could achieve something very similar by simply using Shadows/Highlights in Photoshop.
I actually used a plugin called Light Machine which gives you much more control but essentially does the same thing.
I also added a bit of sharpening (de-blurring) with Focus Magic.

Regards,

Stuart