• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

On my way to work

Jarmo Juntunen

Scenery that I pass each day on my way to work:

_small.jpg

Thank you for watching. C&C welcome, as usual.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Scenery that I pass each day on my way to work:

_small.jpg

Jarmo,

This is a striking scene with major horizontal splashes of color. The sky is taking away the full power of the effects you have captured.

Jarmo0001AK.jpg

I have tweaked the color balance more to the red, added to the saturation and cropped away most of the sky and sharpened the picture as tad. I hope this puts the idea forward well enough for you to consider.

Asher

My iMac is not profiled, and my Eizo is on a Mac not connected to the internet right now. So you might want to adjust the sat down and increase the strength of the shadows..

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Asher, thank you for your comments! As a matter of fact I started with cropping the sky out of the picture, but somehow I didn't like the outcome too much. I'll try increasing the shadows, as suggested and see what that does to the image.

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi,

Firstly, you pass some lovely scenery on the way to work!

If there were a bit more saturation in the sky, it would be interesting to crop and lose some of the foreground flowers, leaving 3 almost equal bands of colour - almost like a flag....

flag_pic_Jarmo Juntunen.jpg

Copyright Jarmo Juntunen​

Just another thought for you to consider,

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Andy and Arun, thank you very much for your comments! The powerful yellow of this field has been fascinating me for a long time and I think there's a lot more to explore in this scenery. You have given me some good ideas how to approach this subject further. Arun, I took this picture on July 7th in Central Finland, near the town of Jyväskylä.

Last edited: