• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bass String

Rachel Foster

I've noticed that I seem to have very idiosyncratic taste. I like things others find boring. I like this, but I find myself unable to say why. So, my question is, does this appeal to anyone else for any reason?

small126.jpg

Jacob Eliana: Bass String

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I've noticed that I seem to have very idiosyncratic taste. I like things others find boring. I like this, but I find myself unable to say why. So, my question is, does this appeal to anyone else for any reason?

small126.jpg

Jacob Eliana: Bass String

Hi Rachel,

I commend you on breaking out. However you have missed out on lighting in an interesting way. Do mean the Bass face to be blurred? It has wood grain and might be interesting. Try getting one or two electric light bulbs and move them around to see how the shadows might perhaps add interest.

Kind wishes,

Asher

Rachel Foster

Yes, that would have been ideal. Unfortunately I had to do the shoot in the musician's home with little room to maneuverability. I'm hoping to get another shot at it in a more spacious setting. Thanks!

Nill Toulme

I like this shot Rachel, and find it interesting. I consider the three white/highlight spots distracting, though, and would be tempted to edit them out. (Upper left corner, lower right corner of the foreground wood piece, and the long highlight along its edge)

Nill