• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A slightly belated introduction.

Victor Hoyt

This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but my 'net connection died just as I pressed "Submit"... I guess it took the command seriously. Or may that's capitulation... hmm. Anyway:

I'm normally not the kind of person that walks into a room and loudly proclaims his presence. Or even softly whispers... However, it seems to be a friendly room here. It is friendly, right??

I'm just a regular, occasionally working, photographer. My business specializes in architecture (mostly churches and pipe organs), some commercial, occasional event, and (dare I claim it?) "fine art". I take my gear out with me when I hike, but I'm not a very prolific landscape shooter.

I inherited my love of photographic images from my father, who specialized in art reproduction photography. Most of his work was for for museums, so I started my carreer by pulling the shots out of his Linhof's Polaroid back (I like to think of it as "proto-chimping"). My first SLR was an old Exacta. My dad died a very long time ago, but he would love my digital stuff. I know he would. Well, he might. Er, hmmm...

Anyway, I've enjoyed Open Forums. Good stuff!

Victor

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Victor,

I'd like to see some of those Exacta pictures. Was those one of those military green ones with a removal reflex viewfinder and a wait level view finder?

Anyway, a huge belated welcome!

Look forward to you sharing your experience and some of your images!

Asher

BTW, could you put yout first name in your profile. :)