• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Peacocks - Mayfield Park and Preserve

Sydney Rester

While looking up photo ops in Austin, I found there was a peacock preserve about 10 minutes from my house so I had to go. Shot with the 135L. What else? :)

4825082478_a5633f4f69_b.jpg

Erick Fromm

Very neat. I like the amount of detail the camera was able to capture in the feathers. And the overall look of the image is very detailed. Nice shot!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
While looking up photo ops in Austin, I found there was a peacock preserve about 10 minutes from my house so I had to go. Shot with the 135L. What else? :)

4825082478_a5633f4f69_b.jpg

Sydney,

This is a great new subject for you and you picked one I have found difficult. Folk often photograph the peacock from too high or against the background trying to get the entire bird. I expect you did do that too but here you have been careful to present a composition that allows us to enjoy the magical patterns with less context. The right toe pointing down is elegant as a special touch! It's almost like a strutting dandy in a mardi gras parade! You have shown just enough. We know about what is not shown.

This s a good job and there better be more, as I'm now eager like to see how you might have devised different approaches to showing the beauty and not the beast. That same 135 mm Canon L lens is the best buy you made, young lady!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Sydney, as I was scrolling this picture on my little laptop, I was almost dissapointed to see the bird's legs. Do you think that showing just the tail could work? The tail then becoming almost canvas-like?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Sydney, as I was scrolling this picture on my little laptop, I was almost dissapointed to see the bird's legs. Do you think that showing just the tail could work? The tail then becoming almost canvas-like?

Hi Jarmo,

Yes, I have had the same feelings but that the duality of it, art and reality. Innocent beauty and then just the wrapper for our dinner!

Asher

Sydney Rester

Interesting. I could look at it. Many people have commented that what makes the picture is that foot in motion. I'll have to play with some crops. I love a great idea :)