• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Industrial Landscape with the Canon EF 14mm f2.8L USM

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Have at it!

Will_Thompson_C_2010_012K1809.jpg

EF 14mm f2.8L Prime 1/30 f4.5 ISO 800 1DsMKIII​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Have at it!

Will_Thompson_C_2010_012K1809.jpg

EF 14mm f2.8L Prime 1/30 f4.5 ISO 800 1DsMKIII​

Will,

The original is so remarkable as it covers so much of industrial man. The ability to have excess to store things, the steel to build structures on massive scales. The white out is like a plea to eternity that we should survive despite our overwhelming devotions to materials and things.

There's a dark side too. See if anyone might imagine what that might be?

Asher

Asher Kelman

20100824willthompson1.jpg

But then, since I am venturing on the wild side, why stop here?

20100824willthompson2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Kevin,

I like your wanderings. To me, it's the beginning and then I'd remove much of the color on the diagonals on the right and paint that by hand on the canvas.

Asher

Kevin Stecyk

Kevin,

I like your wanderings. To me, it's the beginning and then I'd remove much of the color on the diagonals on the right and paint that by hand on the canvas.

Asher, the color and texture is what I like most. It's [my rendition] a long ago forgotten space where corrosion and increasing entropy have begun to take its toll. As time continues to march forward, entropy will continue to play an even stronger role and will render all man made constructs to nothingness.

You can feel the roughness and courseness. The dark spaces speak to time.

In the long run, our universe will be dark, cold, sterile and dead. And this photograph with its increased entropy shows degradation toward that end.

That's my view anyway.

BBC

19 August 2010 Last updated at 14:33 ET

Fate of Universe revealed by galactic lens
By Howard Falcon-Lang Science reporter

http://bbc.in/dkg1qB

Kevin Stecyk

My two prior images were relocated, so the above links broke. One advantage, however, is that the images are just displayed on one post rather than multiple times.

Here's the pics again.

20100824willthompson1.jpg

20100824willthompson2.jpg

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Hi Kevin!

Not to worry about the critique since this is one of the rare occasions that I actually asked for critique. (normally I do not give a rats ass what any one thinks and state as such in the post)

Just out toying with the 14mm and got 2 shots that stood out from the rest.

I love the 1960's acid look!

Here is another from the same set. Have fun with it.

Will_Thompson_C_2010_012K1793.jpg

EF 14mm f2.8L Prime 1/60 f2.8 ISO 800 1DsMKIII​

Kevin Stecyk

20100826willthompson1.jpg

I am not sure what to think of this. Reminds me of being a kid going nuts with a box of crayons.

There's a bunch of stuff going on. There is some LAB work (Man-from-Mars), gradients, textures (three, including some cannon balls), and color boost in LAB. At the end, I thought there was enough color. This was just playing around with no real destination in mind.

Asher Kelman

Kevin,

When you do this, then go back to the original and try blending it with difference, for example or pinlight, adjust percentage of the layer to taste.

Asher

Doug Kerr

This is not at all to demean the wonderful transformations of Will's original shot shown here, but I feel compelled to relate the story of they guy who showed a neighbor an axe he kept in a special place in the garage

"This very axe was brought to America on the Mayflower by my great-great-something-grandfather Peter. Of course, since then we think it's had three new heads and seven new handles."

Best regards,

Doug

Kevin Stecyk

This is not at all to demean the wonderful transformations of Will's original shot shown here...

Not to worry Doug, no offense taken. I don't think much of the transformations either. If someone suggested that I simply played with Photoshop's knobs and dials until I had enough, he or she would be right. Some might like the wild colors and textures and others might think completely opposite.