• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Homer

original.jpg

©2010 Winston Mitchell: Homer

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Figure study in fur!

original.jpg

©2010 Winston Mitchell: Homer

Winston,

Now this is a worthy figure study. Now you should show a person in the same pose. Perfect and classic! The face, of course is not needed. We can guess how relaxed homer is without seeing that!

Your choice or the happenstance of the grey leather sofa is a perfect foreground to bring us to the figure. I can't think of a way of improving it!

Asher

How cute is that!!
Thanks Doctor.

Winston,​

Now this is a worthy figure study. Now you should show a person in the same pose. Perfect and classic! The face, of course is not needed. We can guess how relaxed homer is without seeing that!

Your choice or the happenstance of the grey leather sofa is a perfect foreground to bring us to the figure. I can't think of a way of improving it!
Asher
Hi Asher,

The sofa is actually quite green. I toned it down as I found the color didn't really fit the image.

As is usually the case, the photo is a mix of plan and happenstances. While reviewing the photography of Ruth Bernhard I went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. On my way, I spotted my most recent rescue cat, Homer, sprawled on the couch. This scene reminded me of an image I had just seen. I grabbed my camera and composed this image, knowing full well what I wanted. If you are familiar with Ruth's work, you might guess which image profided the inspiration.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ruth Bernhard at one of her retreats about thirty years ago...a wonderful experience.