• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Road Kill

Does this work?
Does this need cropped more?

RoadKill.jpg

Road Kill​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Does this work?
Does this need cropped more?

RoadKill.jpg

Road Kill​

Well Doug, asked the right questions.

This is an obviously straightforward horror picture, a truth no one is likely to debate. The picture does not raise our mood or give us a feeling we want to share as it's about pointless destruction. There's no victor nor redeeming feature in the tragedy. Now, for art, does it have to be about beauty? No not at all!

Still, it's so hard to critique a picture like this which works for it's barbaric shocking realism, as the dog/wolf is skinned at his head and disemboweled per anus.

So how else could this be shown? Can it represent more than the one animal killed so violently?

Asher

Asher Kelman

So how else could this be shown? Can it represent more than the one animal killed so violently?

Let me attempt, at risk of foolishness to address this question in my own individual way. Not everything needs to be shown as it was. We can imagine what is hidden.

Asher

Asher Kelman

RoadKill_AK.jpg

Asher Kelman: An Expression of "Road Kill" by Cody White

Based on an original photograph "Road Kill" by Cody White with permission and license

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

RoadKill_AK.jpg

Asher Kelman: An Expression of "Road Kill" by Cody White

Based on an original photograph "Road Kill" by Cody White with permission and license
Well done. Picasso couldn't have done better. Didn't, in fact.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

Well done. Picasso couldn't have done better. Didn't, in fact.

Best regards,

Doug

Well Doug, that's nice to hear, even from an engineer. That's probably the best comment one could get. I tried to just put the animal at risk by placing an intact paw on the yellow warning line.

I thought of the Venezuelan fish caribes or piranha with sharp teeth that appear in fresh water rivers, attacking even large animals and humans. They that have a voracious, even frenzied, unstoppable appetite for meat. So I added such a fish, as if it cleaned up all the mess for us.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Cody..this is ' well done '. I prefer medium rare!

I am going to call the RSPCA. Do they have something similar in the States? What with the NRA and the
gun laws there?