• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Aussie Pano

Redmond Bunney

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've visited this forum, so am looking forward to participating again and conversing about anything pano related.
Have just relocated from Japan back to my hometown of Perth, Australia. So quickly got down to the beach and took this pano.
Any feedback about it would be appreciated. Especially would like to know what kind of process I need to do to clean up the background against things like water splashes. Tried masking in Photoshop but couldn't get good results

City Beach Pano

All the best and happy snapping

Redmond

Andy brown

Hi Redmond, welcome back to Aus.
W.A is just awesome, I spent a couple of years there, Nornalup, and Kalbarri. Precious years, I left part of my heart there.

I love the pano and the wave looks fine to me.

If the mood strikes, I'd love to see a couple of wildflower shots.

I think the folks on here would be amazed at the W.A landscape, it's definitely unique.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've visited this forum, so am looking forward to participating again and conversing about anything pano related.
Have just relocated from Japan back to my hometown of Perth, Australia. So quickly got down to the beach and took this pano.
Any feedback about it would be appreciated. Especially would like to know what kind of process I need to do to clean up the background against things like water splashes. Tried masking in Photoshop but couldn't get good results

City Beach Pano

All the best and happy snapping

Redmond

Redmond,

Immediately when I saw real sea spray, I was happy looking t your panorama. It's enjoyable to go from a nature scene, just the rocks the waves and the sky to seeing people, a family, just relaxing and then a solid concrete base to an impressive tower. So we cover raw nature, humanity and industrial works of man in one sweep of 360 degrees. Very mundane but interesting.

The special thing about such panos is that one can compose picture of the people that happen to be there, long after the event, as if they are cooperating, which they are not.

So, built in to every panorama is the possibility of stealth portraits of life without the camera inserting itself and disturbing their behavior.

Valentin is pretty expert on handling 36 degree panos and might be a good resources. Bart van Der Wolf is perhaps the most knowledgable on the technical approaches to all forms of connecting one picture to another and more projections and tools than most folk would imagine exist.

Search for questions as likely they ahve been touched on before.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Asher

P.S. it's a good idea to extract a teaser picture here, from your pano to show folk a taste of the big panorama!

Valentin Arfire

:)

hello Redmond

knowing myself how much work involves the breaking waves stitching - please receive my sincere congratulations. The panorama presents a very nice place and thank you for sharing.

Asher as always is too generous with the value he puts regarding my work, I definitely have much to learn.

I'd be very interested in seeing more of the Japan stuff you probably brought back.