• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The sea smiles...

Cem_Usakligil

f23063.jpg

"....
The sea
smiles far-off.
Spume-teeth,
sky-lips.
"

(from the "The Ballad of the Salt-Water" by Garcia Lorca)

Thanks for looking.

Andy brown

Cem,
I really like this image also.
It certainly takes the eye on an interesting little journey.
The converging lines of the foreground are stepped by way of the alignment of the boards in the decking so it's not quite a fluid progression (also accentuated by the foreground objects).
The sky is wonderful, the clouds do reflect a slightly (intriguingly) twisted symmetry on the foreground's vanishing points, the result is very pleasing.
It does make me smile but then the Ocean is my lover and she does that.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"....
The sea
smiles far-off.
Spume-teeth,
sky-lips.
"

(from the "The Ballad of the Salt-Water" by Garcia Lorca)

Thanks for looking.

f23063.jpg

Cem Usakligil:The Sea Smiles

Hello Cem,

The wait for this paid off! You seem to have totally absorbed philosophical questioning and materialized these processes in a dynamic and impressive picture. It's unique and worthy of our attention. Kudos and thanks for sharing this new picture here.

This picture is so impressive and one simply is not going to walk past without being pulled in to enjoy it immediately and contemplate it's meanings. Of course there's beauty in the top portion and handsome elegance in the lower part. That alone is worth the attention. However, there's more. There's a portal, albeit without a roof, that links the lands and path to the sea and sky. The master metaphor, "Life as a Journey" seems to be represented and is the underlying thought-provoking powerful value of this photograph. We can ask lots of questions.

"Where are we going?", "Where am I going?", "The built up world gives us "what?" in our journey?", "What does the future hold for humanity itself?" and so many related questions.

This picture is not only technically impressive, it also surprises us with its almost perfect symmetry that serves a purpose in driving us forward from the lower handsome bespoke woodwork of man through the central portal and on to the water and sky to the utterly unknown.

Could it be improved? I think it could be further developed with an even wider view wherein the beauty of the clouds can be more extensively explored and each cloud can be seen more completely. I do feel that this theme is going to continue to inspire and drive you to make more in this series.

Asher

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Beckoning

The sea is beautiful here. I see the steps to go in to the water for a swim. I have never seen a deck like that with steps to the water. It's very beautiful. I would love to see a series of images from here at a variety of times/dates with people as well as boats if that is something that would be native to that venue.

Perfect execution, Cem. I miss you and your inspiration.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi All,

Just a quick note that I really appreciate the fact that you took your time to leave some comments. Because the main reason I have started reposting is to be able to learn from your C&C; the positive ones as well as the negative ones. Otherwise, the pictures are going to be lost in the mazes of my hard disk and never reach any audience. I am glad that this one has at least reached you. :)

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The sea is beautiful here. I see the steps to go in to the water for a swim. I have never seen a deck like that with steps to the water. It's very beautiful. I would love to see a series of images from here at a variety of times/dates with people as well as boats if that is something that would be native to that venue.

Perfect execution, Cem. I miss you and your inspiration.

Kathy,

I'm glad for your comment as I'd not know these were steps, LOL! I was transfixed by the pattern in the wood!

Asher