• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fun with an 8mm Fisheye!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I only was interested in cutting down stitching time for architectural shots. Sometimes it was hours to get Autopano Giga to complete stitching and then to edit the layers for details. Considering that 80% of such images are for the web, why not speed things up? So that was the real justification for the 8mm circular fisheye. One can, of course, defish the file and have rectilinear results. So far, I see no need for that. I have become so distracted with having fun with the new lens that no architectural shots have been done, as yet.

So the first snap is just a chair by a window. A modest crop, that's all!

_MG_9280_chair_01.jpg

Asher Kelman: Chair

8mm f6.3 1/10 ISO 400 +1 EV no flash

Yes, there may be some slight CA at the very edges but it does not bother me!

Here's the first flower I snapped! I stole an image of Sunflowers.

Asher

Last edited:

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Hi Asher, Cool shot!

Is that chair cushion distortion I see? It seems a little large to be pin cushion distortion!!!!