• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Teacher told me to get close..

fahim mohammed

I did...

p1406772.jpg

I have a lot to learn, but I can get close..

Mike Shimwell

Yep, nice and close. And both looking directly at you. Very good Fahim.

I'm quite struck by the child's earing though? That and the nice cord jacket may take this away from the obvious rading suggested by the faces and your use of black and white?

MIke

fahim mohammed

great expressions!

Hello Jake. Much appreciated sir.

Yep, nice and close. And both looking directly at you. Very good Fahim.

I'm quite struck by the child's earing though? That and the nice cord jacket may take this away from the obvious rading suggested by the faces and your use of black and white?

MIke

Hi Mike. You are right. The colors in the background just didn't gel with me. So I went with BW. Maybe a wrong decision there.

Drive carefully and make sure Santa has something nice for the girls!

Best regards.

Very nice picture Fahim, but I wonder about "close".

The man appears to be in his thirties and at that age the proportions of the face indicate that the length of the nose is very similar to the length of the ear. If the camera was perhaps 30 centimeters from the face the nose would look nearly twice as long as the ear. That would be "bad" perspective but your perspective is very good.

At a guess I think the picture was taken from maybe 1.5 metres away and the framing is "tight" rather than "close". Actual "close" portraiture can lend a sense intimacy to the picture but always with the danger of distorted proportions.

fahim mohammed

Very nice picture Fahim, but I wonder about "close".

The man appears to be in his thirties and at that age the proportions of the face indicate that the length of the nose is very similar to the length of the ear. If the camera was perhaps 30 centimeters from the face the nose would look nearly twice as long as the ear. That would be "bad" perspective but your perspective is very good.

At a guess I think the picture was taken from maybe 1.5 metres away and the framing is "tight" rather than "close". Actual "close" portraiture can lend a sense intimacy to the picture but always with the danger of distorted proportions.

Maris, an excellent and accurate observation. I should take more care in my use of the term ' close ' with regard to photography.

Always look forward to your excellent work.

Stay well and take care of yourself, family, friends and those around you.

Kindest regards.