• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

SAMANTHA/ a collaboration

Charlotte Thompson

The shot was taken by "William Blackford "on Thanksgiving Night

The photo shop shadow work "Charlotte"

This my niece has been through more in her life than a lot of us- she is 44 now
William took a lot of shots while she and I were catching up, "it has been 15 years" since we have seen each other
I made the choice of this shot because I think it shows her "determination" to do more and stay strong" anyway here is "My Samantha"

mybabySam.jpg

photography: William Blackford / Shadow work: Charlotte Thompson​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The shot was taken by "William Blackford "on Thanksgiving Night

The photo shop shadow work "Charlotte"

This my niece has been through more in her life than a lot of us- she is 44 now
William took a lot of shots while she and I were catching up, "it has been 15 years" since we have seen each other
I made the choice of this shot because I think it shows her "determination" to do more and stay strong" anyway here is "My Samantha"

mybabySam.jpg

photography: William Blackford / Shadow work: Charlotte Thompson

Charlotte,

Commendable to collaborate! This is dark but conveys the feelings you talk about. I wonder if you might also share any other version you considered, not that I'm looking for something better or different! I'm perfectly satisfied, but wonder about the extreme darkness you chose.

Might you revisit her eyes and lips to see if you can bring back some more life, if that's something you might indeed want to do, after all.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
I don't have any more of the raw files but will try to find another this week when I again revisit Blackford for the holidays-the shots that he took were all very good '
this was made dark because of the nature of the subject and I have framed it beautiful and have it wrapped under the tree when she comes back to see me Christmas Eve night where I have a small cocktail party planned and then will give it to her- I do like like the darker shadow on this
but I will repost later maybe a few more when I can get the files-
Thank you for coming by- I am very excited to be reunited with Sam after so many years apart
what a fantastic Christmas present!

Charlotte-

fahim mohammed

Charlotte,

I have seen this photo a number of times.

I find it dark and ominous. I don't enjoy this sensation.

I wish Samantha and you the best going forward. I want the photo to reflect that optimism.

But then, those are just my thoughts; neither a suggestion nor an advice.

Regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I find it dark and ominous. I don't enjoy this sensation.

I wish Samantha and you the best going forward. I want the photo to reflect that optimism.

Charlotte,

I feel for her and would love you to make a second version that could be happy. The first is for art and the truth in your heart. Well done!

Now, perhaps, something more trite and sentimental; we can warm the world too! After all, this is a gift for her at a time of holidays and hope!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

I think sometimes we need to see another perhaps more personal than the cliche of always a happy face kind of thing-after all humans have a wide variety of selves-
I like this picture because for me it shows "strength and resolve-
Thank you for coming by as always appreciate it o btw this is the first picture I have posted of her-

Charlotte-

Asher
I guess read what I wrote to Fahim-
and your are so correct "The first is for art and the truth in my heart" what other way could any artist portray their work! unless they were true to their own vision-

Charlotte-