• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lone Love

Daniel Schaefer

tumblr_leolokO68O1qbvt5to1_500.jpg

Full Size

I saw this in your intro Daniel, and like it very much. Her body language is very expressive and the setting is quite evocative.

Thanks for sharing

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello again, Daniel!

I adore this picture as it has exceptional human emotion that we can link too but it's real and you didn't stage this. This is one occasion where it's justified to go larger. We need to see the detail on her face as well as her pose.

tumblr_leolokO68O1qbvt5to1_1000.jpg

Daniel Schaefer: Lone Love

As you can see, I've added free space above and below. It's really important to respect each of your photographs. This way, we see the picture with its own territory, by itself. This picture falls into the special category where one should put aside distractions and just experience the atmosphere of the loneliness and regrets she seems to possess like a person clutching a crucifix.

I know you have never even considered the idea of working on a set of images that would follow this one. That's something really worth doing. You already have eyes that see things. It just needs to be directed from a little further back in your mind. I imagine a place I call the "Cathedral of the mind". If you study what you have achieved from there you can daydream of all sorts of actors for your show. Then put that to paper. Set up a list of your likes and regrets, you can develop a plan to locate and recognize more such unstaged private and powerful moments.

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

This is a fine one and has its very emotional quality. Setting, light and the emptiness around
expresses the loneliness very well!