• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

By my dreams

Ossi Raimi

Have been away long time. Here's my new works, maybe something different, maybe not. I have tried to make some dreamy vision like my nightmares, or dreams:

#1:
_medium.jpg

#2:
_medium.jpg

#3:
_medium.jpg

#4:
_medium.jpg

Thanks for watching, C&C more than welcome!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ossi,

It's so great to have you back. The principal purposes of OPF is to have fun while helping each other on our journeys, helping with the maps, carefully pointing the way, greeting each other, sharing bounty and providing sustenance.

Looking at your pictures, I can celebrate your work. To understand it, however, separate titles and a little more description of each picture would be helpful, one at a time. These are you children and each deserves our attention and respect. In a gallery, they would be on a wall and then the owner or curator will walk over if we're interested and chat about the ones we a drawn to.

Here, it's a great idea to start a new thread with a good title and then introduce your concept. If it's a series that belong together, explain that and show pictures one at a time so we can follow why they are put together.

Each picture that has value, should be centered and surrounded by white space as we want to take it seriously and consider it by itself without distraction.

So, can you consider reposting in several new threads, or, if in a seres, do it in installments in "Riskit!" in a thread devoted to such personal projects.

Asher

Ken Tanaka

pro member
This is a good conceptual basis for a project, Ossi. Of course I'm a bit biased, since I produced a book titled "Of Dreams", and a body of work based on this same concept! ;-)

Personally, I prefer seeing you rely more on sharp camera skills for this work rather than such heavy reliance on computer manipulation of mundane images. It's much harder (my current body of imagery on this project spans four years) but ultimately it's more satisfying and far more effective. Today's computer-image-cluttered world yawns at more computer eye junk but is still impressed by skilled and determined real photography. There's no substitute for really being there and being able to get a real image.

So I encourage you to move forward with this work.

Have been away long time. Here's my new works, maybe something different, maybe not. I have tried to make some dreamy vision like my nightmares, or dreams:

Hi Ossi,

I like nrs 1 and 2, because they have a good composition at their basis. The added effect is tolerable then, when it enhances the dreamy vision you where after. The other two depend mostly on the postprocessing to be interesting, for a short while. Try to avoid the "to a hammer everything looks like a nail" approach of postprocessing, it is not a successful strategy, IMHO of course.

Each image deserves its individual attention to augment your original intent, not a one recipe fits all approach. I agree with Ken that getting it right with the camera remains the most successful approach in the longer run. Strong composition, light, intriguing subject, nothing can beat that in the end.

Cheers,
Bart

I like the idea and direction but not these images. They elicit no emotive reaction for me, no provide a puzzle to figure out. The master of this craft is Uelsmann, whose images are always worth a seventh or eighth (or 27th or 28th ...) look. <http://www.uelsmann.net>